Billboard Contents Page


Hi again! today I will be analysing this contents page from billboard. First of all, what is different about this magazine is the chart list. This chart list gives the reader on the magazines very own current music chart. As you can see, there are different artists and different singles that are categorised by colour so that the audience can easily distinguish what and which page the song/artist is at in the magazine. The background colour is mainly white with grey on the chart list which allows the audience to distinguish the two features. This gives the magazine a fresh look for the genre the magazine usually goes for.
In my magazine, I will use the colour white like this magazine has done for my main background colour, but I will not use the colour grey. Alternatively, I will use the colour black instead. I will not use the use of the feature of a chart list. Although this is very effective and different, it is useful for a generic type of music genre rather than a niche category such as acoustic. Billboard does not have a specific genre of music as such. It uses many different types of music which is not my target for my magazine that I am creating.
The main image is interesting as it doesn't take up the entire page like MOJO did with Florence from Florence and the machine. What is interesting is that the singer (Keri Hilson) is dressed as the colour scheme is in the magazine which is grey and white. This gives the magazine a edgy and eye catching look which fits with billboards style. Billboard also fits the colour scheme with their front cover and presumably their double page spreads which I have found out in a different issue. The Contents page has a pop of colour in comparison to the white and grey which is blue. This gives the reader attraction to the titles of what each page will entail as the subheadings are in blue
Instead of fitting the colour scheme to the artists clothes, I will co-ordinate the type of colour that fits with the genre of music which I've decided is yellow. I will have a large photo dominating the contents page with a smaller photo of a band like this magazine has done.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band Name Ideas