Q Ed Sheeran Review





Magazine front cover review: Q, Ed Sheeran



Hi again! I found on Google a perfect example of a magazine cover to review including Ed Sheeran holding a guitar which is how I would like my model to pose. This magazine shows all the conventions of a perfect magazine front cover. Firstly, the magazine portrays three main colours in the font, these are red, white and black. The font is also the same when mentioning the magazine and what it has in store, however the font changes when the magazine talks about Ed, or the essential topics of the magazine, like the '50 albums of 2014'.
During the creation of my music magazine, I will use this technique and use the same font through out the magazine, however when it come to the 'celebrity' I will change up that style of the font and increase the size to encourage fans to purchase the magazine. I will also highlight any important words or phrases in the colour I choose, similarly like Q did with the colour red.
Something I found interesting was the prop used in the front cover of the magazine, a guitar. The guitar represents Ed Sheeran as he is commonly associated with guitars due to the music he has created. The use of a guitar dominating the front cover would also attract audience attention, even if people are not aware of Ed Sheeran himself. The clothing worn by Ed Sheeran is also very interesting as its very casual yet fashionable like pop, compared to a smart outfit usually portrayed on the front of a magazine. This indicates that the genre of music is pop/acoustic due to the style of his clothing in contrast with the prop he is holding
In my magazine I will choose my model wisely and dress him/her in a dressy style, with a hint of casual to imply my genre of music. To do this I will also be using a guitar and use accessories such as bold necklaces and bracelets for a female. However, I will position my model standing up to show more of him/her and show more of the guitar.
Ed Sheeran has an engaging expression on his face, the expression shows calmness and relaxation compared to the magazine I analysed for Kerrang which was a heavy metal magazine. This is also evident by his posture, which is not tense and is very chilled out. This interests me and it shows the conventions of an acoustic magazine as the music indeed does make you feel relaxed.
As I like this expression and posture, I will include this in my magazine. Although he/she will be standing, I still want the model to be relaxed as I would really like to show all the conventions of an acoustic magazine, by showing the 'celebrity' relaxed and smiley. I will also show my model being comfortable with the guitar, to portray
The language used in this magazine is very intriguing and lures the audience in. The descriptions used are clearly very exaggerated and make the audience want to read the stories portrayed. The magazine also mentions sponsors and peruses then in different fonts. The use of the word 'essential' makes the audience feel like they need to read whatever story is essential.
In my magazine front cover, I will use this technique and use word to attract audience attention and change up the size and the font. This will hopefully make the front of the magazine not only look amazing, but sound great too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band Name Ideas