Double page spread 1

Hi there!! today i'm going to be analysing this double page spread. Straight away this magazine caught my attention as it is bright, bold and most definitely attractive. This is through the use of colours, picture/model, font and text. 
I believe the most attractive thing is the large bold text and font used to catch the audience attention. The font chosen is very bold and is very large which I believe sums up the genre of music which is  pop/rock and makes the reader want to read the story from the big title. What is particularly interesting about the title specifically is the boldness of the word 'absolutely' in white. The use of this adverb makes the audience ant to read the article and see what all the fuss is about and what the celebrity discusses during the interview. However, the most intriguing and creative thing about this is the black highlight used behind the white text to make the white text stand out through out the entire title.
In my double page spread, I will use a very bold quote like this magazine has done and I will make sure my title stands out. I will also ensure that I choose the correct font for my magazine and make sure it suits my style of genre and stands out. I will use a simple font like this magazine has used and will use the black background like this magazine has used. However I might use it in a different context. For example, I might use it for the text and make the blackness transparent instead of using it for the title.
This magazine uses rock sensation David Havok as the model for the double page spread. This makes the constituency of this artist want to purchase the magazine as they wish to here what i said in the magazine. The model is very casual and is very laid back which represents the genre of music quite well. The black and white clothing that David is wearing it rather interesting as it fits the colour scheme making the pink pop of colour stand out a lot more.
I will have a pop of colour like this magazine but it will be a happier colour like yellow to represent happiness. I will also make sure that my double page spread is image dominated like this magazine and that my model or models are dressed accordingly to my theme. I will also ensure that my double page spread looks casual like this one has done to attract the readers attention according to my chosen genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Band Name Ideas